Having, covered with, or resembling feathers: wisps of feathery blonde hair
More example sentences
- Hats must be worn, and not little feathery flimsy things, but proper ones which cover the crown.
- I felt that weird shifting movement and a feathery light object grazed my bare skin.
- That one sweet moment of tender love and care, wrapped up in a light feathery kiss.
flimsy, delicate, diaphanous, fine, thin, sheer, gossamer, gossamer-like, gossamer-thin, gossamery, gauzelike, gauzy, wispy, floaty, insubstantial, unsubstantial, ethereal, incorporeal, vaporous, airy;
- More example sentences
- Just look at all these cuts in the thick rubber that give the piece its featheriness.
- Certainly the meaning of Miro's art is neither sand nor tar nor the featheriness of the feather nor the ropiness of rope.