Definition of feathery in English:
Having, covered with, or resembling feathers: wisps of feathery blonde hair
More example sentences
- Hats must be worn, and not little feathery flimsy things, but proper ones which cover the crown.
- I felt that weird shifting movement and a feathery light object grazed my bare skin.
- That one sweet moment of tender love and care, wrapped up in a light feathery kiss.
flimsy, delicate, diaphanous, fine, thin, sheer, gossamer, gossamer-like, gossamer-thin, gossamery, gauzelike, gauzy, wispy, floaty, insubstantial, unsubstantial, ethereal, incorporeal, vaporous, airy;
- Example sentences
- Just look at all these cuts in the thick rubber that give the piece its featheriness.
- Certainly the meaning of Miro's art is neither sand nor tar nor the featheriness of the feather nor the ropiness of rope.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan