Definition of federacy in English:
noun (plural federacies)
1A group of states with a central government but independence in internal affairs; a federation.
- There were several large districts possessed by the Federacy as appendages.
- A federacy might be an imaginative solution to this problem.
- A republican federacy could be formed out of the provinces of the defunct monarchy.
1.1 [mass noun] The state of being joined by a treaty.
- The maintenance of peace and order and justice between states bound in federacy.
- Federacy is a constitutionalized extension of the principle of home rule that provides adequate guarantees to the weaker entity.
- Being multilingual, it tests many of the problems of world federacy.
Definition of federacy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan