- A low, soft felt hat with a curled brim and the crown creased lengthways.More example sentences
- Work a vintage fedora, tam or veiled hat into your wardrobe for a bit of uptown chic.
- The dancers are dressed unisexly in suits and ties, raincoats and fedoras (the brims pulled down), the colours drab brown or slate.
- Wearing fedoras and top hats comes back into fashion in 2016.
late 19th century (originally US): from Fédora, the title of a drama (1882) written by the French dramatist Victorien Sardou (1831–1908).
More definitions of fedoraDefinition of fedora in:
- The US English dictionary