1Information about reactions to a product, a person’s performance of a task, etc. which is used as a basis for improvement.
- We improve our products, based on feedback, until they're the best.
- It has many ideas for better consultation, more information and feedback, but its most radical call goes far beyond these.
- After the performance, the group held a dialog with visitors to get feedback on their performance.
2The modification or control of a process or system by its results or effects, for example in a biochemical pathway or behavioural response. See also negative feedback, positive feedback.
- These internal forcings result from feedback within the climate system.
- End-product synthesis can exert short-term metabolic feedback control through Pi recycling.
- We thus decided to eliminate feedback pathways from the hyolingual to the jaw system.
3The return of a fraction of the output signal from an amplifier, microphone, or other device to the input of the same device; sound distortion produced by this.
- I do not want to interrupt the debate, but there is a bit of feedback coming through the microphones.
- They heard a loud feedback from a microphone and turned around to see where it was coming from.
- She switched on the microphone from the booth and it whined with tangy feedback.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.