Definition of feeding frenzy in English:
1An aggressive and competitive group attack on prey by a number of sharks or piranhas.
- This seemed to trigger the sharks into a feeding frenzy.
- I have seen sharks in a feeding frenzy, turtles fighting and shoals of fish so large that they blocked out the light from the surface, but this spectacle beat them all.
- Years later, I found myself swimming backwards through the water while Stuart induced a feeding frenzy of Caribbean reef sharks by free-baiting the water with tuna meat along my path.
1.1An episode of frantic competition or rivalry for something: the remark caused a media feeding frenzy
More example sentences
- The media feeding frenzy will, indeed, be massive.
- Such an arrest would not normally arouse the media feeding frenzy that ensued.
- He knows a coordinated feeding frenzy of epic proportions has just begun.
Definition of feeding frenzy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan