Definition of feeding frenzy in English:
1An aggressive and competitive group attack on prey by a number of sharks or piranhas.
- This seemed to trigger the sharks into a feeding frenzy.
- I have seen sharks in a feeding frenzy, turtles fighting and shoals of fish so large that they blocked out the light from the surface, but this spectacle beat them all.
- Years later, I found myself swimming backwards through the water while Stuart induced a feeding frenzy of Caribbean reef sharks by free-baiting the water with tuna meat along my path.
1.1An episode of frantic competition or rivalry for something: the remark caused a media feeding frenzy
More example sentences
- The media feeding frenzy will, indeed, be massive.
- Such an arrest would not normally arouse the media feeding frenzy that ensued.
- He knows a coordinated feeding frenzy of epic proportions has just begun.
Definition of feeding frenzy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.