- An area or building where livestock are fed or fattened up.More example sentences
- Several companies sell parasitic wasps for controlling flies in and around livestock buildings and feedlots.
- Farmers with large livestock feedlots need to recycle voluminous quantities of manure by applying it to their fields as fertilizer.
- Run-off from barnyards, cropland, feedlots, septic tanks, and intensively managed turf areas such as golf courses can introduce large quantities of organic matter and nutrients into a pond.
More definitions of feedlotDefinition of feedlot in:
- The US English dictionary