- Any of a group of minerals chemically similar to feldspar but containing less silica, such as nepheline and leucite.More example sentences
- The three commonest feldspathoids are leucite, nepheline, and sodalite.
- Afghanite occurs as small, typically colorless transparent crystals associated with a wide variety of feldspathoids in volcanic ejecta collected in the general Mount Vesuvius area, Italy.
- The change from incompatible to compatible behavior heralds the onset of significant plagioclase (or feldspathoid) precipitation/removal.
More definitions of feldspathoidDefinition of feldspathoid in:
- The US English dictionary