- Again, I do not know what action, if any, was taken to address the individual fellow's grievance.
- And it only seems sensible to do what the fellow in the black body armour is suggesting.
- I have had the privilege of meeting Brendan, and he is a really nice chap, a splendid fellow.
- In reply he claims that he and his fellows hold their elevated position by virtue of a number of qualities which they enjoy simultaneously.
- The motoring associations are good fellows to suggest that cyclists or pedestrians may use any roads at all, as they do not pay for them to anything like the extent the motorist does.
- Is there a sense among - among you fellows that - that you haven't really picked up the number of votes you'd hoped you might have at this point?
- The narrators relentlessly question their textual fellows as one version of a story challenges and even annihilates its counterparts.
- It sank quickly, and hit the bottom, settling back in place among its fellows.
- She had picked it because of its relative isolation from the others behind the condiments table, as if it had disdained the company of its fellows.
- He was elected a fellow of the Royal Society in 1969 and was a member of its council from 1974 to 1976.
- In 1984 he was elected a fellow of the Royal Society of Arts in London in recognition of his talents.
- In 1785 he and Boulton were elected fellows of the Royal Society.
- After Oxford she got a job as a tutorial fellow at Bedford College at the University of London, but she did not enjoy it.
- First there was a general interview at which the candidates were grilled by the master, dean, senior tutor, and fellows of the subject.
- After the award of his doctorate, Wittgenstein was appointed a lecturer at Cambridge and he was made a fellow of Trinity College.
- She is a Harvard University research fellow and joins us tonight from Philadelphia.
- Professor Gary Hamel is a research fellow at Harvard Business School.
- Jennifer C. Braceras, a lawyer and mother is a research fellow at Harvard Law School.
- Daniel most recently worked as a post-doctoral fellow at Iowa State University.
- She is currently a research associate/post-doctoral fellow at Harvard University Medical School.
- Dr Moore is currently a post-doctoral fellow at James Cook University.
- Therefore when I see these values shared by my fellow citizens, that strengthens me.
- Can we remain human when we relegate the majority of our fellow citizens to inhumane conditions?
- He's met his share of resistance from fellow servants.
Late Old English fēolaga 'a partner or colleague' (literally 'one who lays down money in a joint enterprise'), from Old Norse félagi, from fé 'cattle, property, money' + the Germanic base of lay1.
Words that rhyme with fellowBargello, bellow, bordello, cello, Donatello, jello, martello, mellow, morello, niello, Novello, Pirandello, Portobello, Punchinello, Uccello, violoncello, yellow
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: fel¦low
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.