- Relating to or denoting a group of light-coloured minerals including feldspar, feldspathoids, quartz, and muscovite: felsic volcanic rocks Often contrasted with mafic.More example sentences
- The present day volumetric variation in the amount of mafic and felsic volcanic rocks preserved in the Parana and Etendeka provinces is interesting.
- The rocks of the complex show an overall trend of decreasing mafic minerals and increasing felsic minerals spatially from west to east.
- The alternating bands of mafic and felsic minerals are a striking and distinctive feature of all gneisses.
More definitions of felsicDefinition of felsic in:
- The US English dictionary