- A small boat propelled by oars or lateen sails or both, used on the Nile and formerly more widely in the Mediterranean region.More example sentences
- The ships were the kind of swift feluccas preferred by the desert warlords, with odd-looking lateen sails and long, backswept oars pointing downwards into the water.
- They plan on buying a wooden boat, a felucca, in Khartoum to continue their journey.
- If you want something unusual and more intimate, try sailing in a felucca or explore the rest of Egypt with a day-return train or flight to Cairo.
early 17th century: from Italian feluc(c)a, probably from obsolete Spanish faluca, of Arabic origin.
More definitions of feluccaDefinition of felucca in:
- The US English dictionary