- 1Relating to or denoting interaction or transfer between a female and a male: female-to-male HIV infectionMore example sentences
- The female-to-male infection rate is less than 5% a year.
- Despite the much lower probability of physical injury resulting from female-to-male attacks, assaults by women are serious and put them in greater danger of being severely assaulted by their partners.
- None of the three articles in the BMJ even allude to female-to-male domestic violence.
- 2Denoting or relating to a person who is born female and subsequently adopts the identity or appearance of a male, especially one who has undergone gender reassignment: female-to-male transsexualsMore example sentences
- Last month the Family Court upheld the validity of a marriage between a post-operative female-to-male transexual and his wife.
- He's female-to-male, judging from the tags.
- Later it was found he was a transgender person, who underwent female-to-male surgery earlier this year.
nounBack to top
- A person who is born female and subsequently adopts the identity or appearance of a male, especially one who has undergone gender reassignment: the programme follows two male-to-females and two female-to-males as they transition from one gender to the otherMore example sentences
- Additionally, transgender female-to-males use testosterone supplements as one of the steps to becoming male.
- Successful post-op female-to-males are men.
- Research on female-to-males attracted to men shows that they do not fit as easily into the reductionistic typology.
More definitions of female-to-maleDefinition of female-to-male in:
- The US English dictionary