- A lesbian who takes a traditionally feminine sexual role. Often contrasted with butch.More example sentences
- Lesbian femmes may recall the heterosexual scene, as it were, but also displace it at the same time.
- My friends are largely femmes who date only butches - so many of us have dated or at least slept with the same ones.
- By the late 1920s and early 1930s, butch numbers like Marlene Dietrich and Greta Garbo were planting passionate kisses on the lips of lovely femmes in their films while having lesbian love affairs in real life.
1960s: French, 'woman'.
More definitions of femmeDefinition of femme in:
- The US English dictionary