- One quadrillionth of a second.More example sentences
- The team created an electronic excitation by zapping the cluster with a femtosecond laser pulse.
- Since the extra energy being transferred from one molecule to the next changes the way each absorbs and emits light, the flow of energy can be followed through optical spectroscopy, resolved on a femtosecond timescale.
- Femtosecond x-rays could shed new light on these coherent phonons by providing direct information about atomic displacements and enabling us to map out the energy transfer between vibrational modes and vibrational damping.
More definitions of femtosecondDefinition of femtosecond in:
- The US English dictionary