- The action of making peace with a person or group: the two countries have some fence-mending to do [as modifier]: he hopes that a fence-mending trip will bring the hostilities to an endMore example sentences
- His political fence-mending goes on all the time and he has worked hard to solidify his base.
- He took the first in a series of fence-mending measures by inviting disgruntled backbenchers to participate in designing Labour's re-election strategy.
- The two nations resumed the stalled military exchanges only after a fence-mending agreement between their leaders in October 2002.
More definitions of fence-mendingDefinition of fence-mending in:
- The US English dictionary