- A black mineral consisting of ferrous tungstate, typically occurring as elongated prisms.More example sentences
- There were shops full of green and purple fluorite, ferberite and arsenopyrite, and spessartine and stibnite.
- There are exceptions, such as German manganite, some Bolivian and Chinese cassiterite, Russian ilvaite, Brazilian and Namibian schorl, Panasqueira ferberite, and rutile, especially that from Graves Mountain, Georgia.
- The Yaogangxian mine is a world-class locality for not only fluorite but also for arsenopyrite, bournonite, stannite, wurtzite, and ferberite.
early 19th century: named after Rudolph Ferber (1743–90), Swedish mineralogist, + -ite1.
More definitions of ferberiteDefinition of ferberite in:
- The US English dictionary