(US also fermentor)
Definition of fermenter in English:
1A container in which fermentation takes place.
- There are temperature controlled fermenters and storage tanks, and good new oak barrels for maturation.
- They included missile components, reactor vessel and fermenters - the latter required for the production of chemical and biological warheads.
- They've replaced wooden fermenters and lagering vessels with stainless steel.
1.1An organism which causes fermentation.
- However, change was found among strains of S. dysenteriae type I as non-lactose fermenter became lactose fermenter.
- By definition, foregut fermentors comprise animals with a pregastric fermentation chambers such as the rumen, reticulum, and omasum of ruminants and diverticula or fermentative sacs of other ruminant-like mammals.
Definition of fermenter in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan