- A subatomic particle, such as a nucleon, which has half-integral spin and follows the statistical description given by Fermi and Dirac. Compare with boson.More example sentences
- In addition to electrons, the Pauli exclusion principle applies to all sub-atomic particles with half-integral spins, known as fermions, such as neutrons and protons.
- But if supersymmetry were unbroken, fermions and bosons would be exactly matched in the Universe, and that's not the way things are.
- Well, what we find experimentally is that the quasiparticles are almost always fermions or bosons.
More definitions of fermionDefinition of fermion in:
- The US English dictionary