noun[often as modifier]
- A fluid containing a magnetic suspension: ferrofluid coolingMore example sentences
- While ‘Lost’ and ‘Icelandic Rift’ contain the not-to-be missed natural wonder of magnetic ferrofluid.
- Airlines use ferrofluids to help seal rotary valves.
- We live in a world of atomic clocks, of ten dollar lasers you can hold in your hand, of supersonic passenger planes, space stations and ‘ferrofluid.’
More definitions of ferrofluidDefinition of ferrofluid in:
- The US English dictionary