- (Of a rock or mineral) containing iron and magnesium as major components.More example sentences
- Thus, in magma chambers dense ferromagnesian minerals may sink to form cumulate rocks at the base of the chamber, whereas in partial melting a lower-density melt may percolate upwards.
- The example from the granite at Lime Crest quarry is very low in magnesium relative to those found in rocks containing more ferromagnesian minerals.
- The very low magnesium content of Lime Crest ferroaxinite may reflect the relative scarcity of ferromagnesian minerals in the granite.
More definitions of ferromagnesianDefinition of ferromagnesian in:
- The US English dictionary