Any of a number of narrow-leaved grasses:
- ● A perennial grass that is a valuable pasture and fodder species (genus Festuca, family Gramineae). ● An annual grass that typically occurs on drier soils such as on dunes and heathland (genus Vulpia, family Gramineae).
More example sentences
- Cool-season grasses, such as fescues and Kentucky bluegrass, are tall so you cut them higher.
- For example, in the northern United States, lawn seed mixes for shady areas will require more grasses called fescues, which like shade, and less Kentucky Bluegrass, the sun-loving grass of the North.
- Tall fescue and perennial ryegrass are more resistant than bluegrass and Bermuda.
Definition of fescue in:
- The US English dictionary