- (In Italy and other Mediterranean countries) a religious or other festival.More example sentences
- Festivals, also known as sagras or festas, kick off in the middle of July and run until August 15, though there are occasional wild boar or fungi festivals in the autumn.
- ‘When the festa was first taken over by the chamber of commerce, a resolution was passed that allowed a 30 per cent commission for Paul for organising and managing the sponsorships,’ Mr Cordaro said.
- The proliferation of narrowly based mutual aid societies and festas (feste, or feast days) honoring local patron saints were manifestations of these tendencies.
early 19th century: from Italian, 'festival', from Latin.
More definitions of festaDefinition of festa in:
- The US English dictionary