Definition of festal in English:
Relating to or characteristic of a celebration or festival: plum pudding was originally served on festal days as a main course
More example sentences
- In the congregation assembled for worship, these two movements meet, and the heavenly angels join the children of God in festal celebration.
- And the whole celebration will be rounded off at 6pm with a festal Eucharist in the parish church.
- There is no more melancholy spectacle than a festal hall, the morning after the banquet, when the guests have departed and the lights are extinguished.
- festally adverb
- Example sentences
- But what good was it to our festally excited ancestors to. have their attention absorbed?
- The chapel bell on the engine sounded most festally that sunny Sunday.
Words that rhyme with festalvestal
Definition of festal in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.