- 1 another term for Hanukkah.More example sentences
- Hanukkah or Chanukah is the Jewish festival of lights.
- For those of you who don't know, Chanukah is the Jewish festival of lights, because, as the story goes, there was no oil for the everlasting light in the temple and the oil that should have burnt out lasted eight days and eight nights.
- Jews mark Hannukah, the festival of lights, this year celebrated on December 5, while pagans increasingly observe the winter solstice - the shortest day of the year - on December 21.
- 2 another term for Diwali.More example sentences
- Diwali means a festival of lights, triumph of good over evil.
- Diwali, also known as the festival of lights, celebrates the coronation of Rama, a good God from scripture, as king.
- We feel it is wonderful that the Diwali festival of lights takes place here, as it highlights the rich cultural diversity of our city.
More definitions of festival of lightsDefinition of festival of lights in:
- The US English dictionary