1Relating to a fetus: nutrients essential for normal fetal growth
More example sentences
- Can fetal growth be improved in pregnancies at risk for fetal growth retardation?
- This may also enhance understanding of how gestational age, fetal growth, and birth weight interact with each other.
- The single largest condition associated with stillbirth is failure of fetal growth.
1.1Denoting a posture characteristic of a fetus, with the back curved forwards and the limbs folded in front of the body.
- Her body jerked into a fetal position as she sobbed and clutched her side.
- The boy in front of me has an odd posture: almost in a fetal position, slouched far, far down.
- He curled into a fetal position, his knees drawn close to his body, and shivered slightly.
Words that rhyme with fetalbeetle, betel, chital, decretal
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: fetal
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.