(also fetlock joint)
- The joint of a horse’s or other quadruped’s leg between the cannon bone and the pastern.More example sentences
- Mirage, suffering a fracture to his cannon bone and fetlock joint, was euthanized.
- Ruffian suffered a compound fracture of both sesamoid bones in her right front ankle and a dislocated fetlock joint.
- Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf runner-up Spook Express suffered a compound dislocation of her left fetlock joint near the finish of the Matriarch Stakes at Hollywood Park on November 25 and had to be euthanized.
Middle English: ultimately of Germanic origin; related to German Fessel 'fetlock', also to foot.
More definitions of fetlockDefinition of fetlock in:
- The US English dictionary