- 1Having or showing the symptoms associated with a dangerously high temperature: they mopped his fevered browMore example sentences
- These thoughts spun around in my head, making my fevered brow sweat.
- Your face is all red and unless I am mistaken that is sweat on your fevered brow.
- The chill provided a welcome cool to his fevered temperature.
- 1.1Feeling or displaying an excessive degree of nervous excitement, agitation, or energy: my fevered adolescent imaginationMore example sentences
- His soloing, particularly on Hootie's Blues and his confessed favourite tune Cherokee is said to have set off wild dancing and fevered excitement among the concert goers.
- But after all this excitement and even some fevered dance-floor action I became tired and had to lie down for a bit.
- Few experiences can match the fevered, full-bodied excitement of a good island fête.