noun (plural fibroadenomas or fibroadenomata /-mətə/)Medicine
- A tumour formed of mixed fibrous and glandular tissue, typically occurring as a benign growth in the breast.More example sentences
- There are benign breast tumors called fibroadenomas (some women call the ‘fibroids’), which are part of the fibrocystic tendencies.
- Benign lumps can be caused by cysts (sacs of fluid which build up in the breast tissue) or fibroadenomas (solid growths made up of fibrous and glandular tissue).
- Among benign breast tumors, fibroadenomas were the most common.
More definitions of fibroadenomaDefinition of fibroadenoma in:
- The US English dictionary