Definition of fibroid in English:
Of or characterized by fibres or fibrous tissue.
- The researchers hypothesize that the underexpression of these genes in uterine fibroids might explain why fibroid tissue does not contract, but instead, grows abnormally.
- Only one of 200 fibroid line tumors may be cancerous.
- In the study, researchers used a technique known as microarray analysis to determine the activity levels of genes in fibroid tumors.
nounMedicine Back to top
A benign tumour of muscular and fibrous tissues, typically developing in the wall of the womb.
- Uterine fibroids are benign tumours developing from the smooth muscles of the uterine wall which can grow at times to as large as 15 cm or more.
- This blockage causes fibroid muscle cells to degenerate and form scar tissue, which causes fibroids to shrink.
- The painful, heavy periods can be caused by a variety of conditions including endometriosis, fibroids, chronic pelvic infections, and adhesions.
Definition of fibroid in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan