Definition of fibroma in English:
noun (plural fibromas or fibromata fʌɪˈbrəʊmətə)Medicine
A benign fibrous tumour of connective tissue.
- Lipomas, hemangiomas, neuromas, and fibromas are benign neoplasms that occur in the neck.
- Sebaceous cysts, fibromas, papillomas, adenomas, sarcomas, carcinomas, and melanomas also have been reported.
- Desmoplastic fibroma is generally classified as a benign tumor and has not been shown to metastasize.
- Example sentences
- Fibrosarcoma of the ovary is a rare tumor that is considered to arise de novo or secondary to benign fibromatous tumors.
- The stroma is most commonly scant but may be prominent and can occasionally be fibromatous, edematous, or myxoid.
- Histopathology demonstrated glands that were neither crowded nor complex, with intervening fibromatous stroma that contained occasional endometrial stromal cells.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.