Definition of fibrosis in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
The thickening and scarring of connective tissue, usually as a result of injury.
- If infection and inflammation continue, fibrosis, or tissue scarring, occurs.
- Asbestosis is the interstitial pneumonitis and fibrosis caused by inhalation of asbestos fibers.
- Fine crackles are heard with pulmonary edema, pneumonia and pulmonary fibrosis.
- Example sentences
- Histologic examination shows folded and fibrotic visceral pleura with atelectasis and variable amounts of chronic inflammation in the adjacent lung parenchyma.
- For the analysis of bleomycin-induced lung fibrosis, the fibrotic responses of the lung were scored as previously reported.
- Oral submucous fibrosis is a pre-malignant fibrotic condition of the mouth that exhibits excessive collagen production.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan