noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation of fibrous connective tissue, typically affecting the back and causing stiffness and pain.More example sentences
- Previously, the condition was known by other names such as fibrositis, chronic muscle pain syndrome, psychogenic rheumatism and tension myalgias.
- Its anti-inflammatory qualities can help with neuralgia, sciatica and fibrositis, and externally its soothing and anti-bacterial properties will aid in the healing of burns, wounds and infections.
- FMS used to be called fibrositis, implying there was inflammation in the muscles, but research later proved that this inflammation did not exist.
- More example sentences
- Fibrositic symptoms were also common in 136 patients with a variety of rheumatic diseases but not in the 58 normal individuals studied.
- Logistic regression analysis showed clinically and statistically significant improvements in pain threshold scores, which were measured directly over fibrositic tender points, in patients undergoing cardiovascular fitness training.
More definitions of fibrositisDefinition of fibrositis in:
- The US English dictionary