Definition of fibrous in English:
Consisting of or characterized by fibres: a good fibrous root system
More example sentences
- In the rural areas, the fibrous roots of this tree are used for making painting brushes, used for white washing.
- Trim off the small, fibrous roots and put the trimmed sections into pots filled with cuttings compost so the tops are just buried.
- Some of the material was in a fibrous state, making inhalation more likely.
- Example sentences
- A well-circumscribed and fibrously encapsulated tumor mass was revealed in the Douglas cavity.
- In chronic hepatitis, it was strongly deposited at the margin of the fibrously enlarged portal areas where new collagen fibers were formed.
Words that rhyme with fibroushydrous • Cyprus
Definition of fibrous in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.