- A small triangular shawl, worn round a woman’s shoulders and neck.More example sentences
- Originally the neckline had shown her chest, but now a thin fichu tried its best to cover the raw marks on her delicate skin.
- Annette was dreading it profusely, reluctantly putting on her fichu and allowing Garnier to help her into a waiting carriage.
- The canvas in which the woman, wearing a pink dress and greenish fichu, is set against flowered wallpaper (private collection, Fig.13) was made explicitly as a gift for Gauguin.
mid 18th century: from French, from ficher 'to fix, pin'.
More definitions of fichuDefinition of fichu in:
- The US English dictionary