- Athletic sports other than races, such as throwing and jumping events. Compare with track events.More example sentences
- They participated in a range of track events from 100m to 1500m along with field events from long jump to shot put.
- In addition to this the students performed a number of field events including long jump, standing high jump and basketball throw.
- We are very strong here in Sligo on the track, but quite weak in some field events such as pole vault, high jump and hammer.
More definitions of field eventsDefinition of field events in:
- The US English dictionary