- The common edible mushroom, which is widely grown commercially.
More example sentences
- Agaricus campestris, family Agaricaceae, class Hymenomycetes
- Scotland produces all sorts of edible wild mushrooms - parasols, horse mushrooms, field mushrooms and wood blewits to name but a few - but you must be sure of what they are before eating them or you could end up in hospital or worse.
- Nor is the name agaric restricted, as would have been convenient, to the ‘true’ mushrooms, of the genus Agaricus, such as the common field mushroom, the cultivated mushroom, and their numerous close relations.
- Edible varieties such as penny buns, chanterelles and field mushrooms - along with dozens of others - can be foraged from Britain's forests and fields.
More definitions of field mushroomDefinition of field mushroom in:
- The US English dictionary