- A pea plant of a variety grown chiefly for stockfeed or as green manure.More example sentences
- Spread compost or manure on unplanted areas or sow fall-sown cover crops, such as clover, Austrian field peas, fava beans, vetch and winter wheat.
- If your exposure to southern peas (also called field peas or cowpeas) has been limited to the commercial canned, frozen, or dried variety, a much better flavor experience awaits you.
- Your field peas are apparently a variety with mildew resistance.
More definitions of field peaDefinition of field pea in:
- The US English dictionary