Definition of field trial in English:
1A field test.
- This paper summarizes the vehicle maneuvering and stability performance observed in field trials and compares the results to predicted performance using theoretical and empirical techniques.
- In particular, the role of hydroponic experiments that provide flexible, rapid assays for the selection of genotypes with contrasting traits for subsequent testing in field trials are examined.
- Since 1991, more than 300 field trials of such crops have taken place in the open environment, most over the past three years.
2A competition for gun dogs to test their levels of skill and training in retrieving or pointing.
- The owner complained Digger had no energy and lacked the endurance to complete a field trial competition without becoming exhausted.
- In 1933 he invited the organizers of a local field trial tournament in Fort Davis in neighboring Macon County to hold their next competition at Sedgefields.
- No longer merely competitions to determine bird dog bragging rights, the field trials of Bullock County grew into major social events where the best of southern hospitality and home-style cooking were on display.
Definition of field trial in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan