nounchiefly Cricket & Baseball
- A player on the fielding team, especially one other than the bowler or pitcher.More example sentences
- Both are predominantly top order batsmen, but they are both off-spin bowlers and exceptional fielders as well.
- Batsmen attack, fielders dive and slide, bowlers use reverse swing and mystery balls.
- The bowlers and fielders were quick to remind the other batsmen of their incompetence to bat at this level.
More definitions of fielderDefinition of fielder in:
- The US English dictionary