Definition of fieldsman in English:
noun (plural fieldsmen)
1 Cricket , British A fielder.
- I can't describe it explicitly without pictures, but suffice it to say that there are definite positions for fieldsmen in cricket.
- A batsman tries to stop the fieldsman from getting the ball by getting in his way.
- If anything, he should have directed his ire at the umpires, who are required to regulate the comings and goings of fieldsmen.
2An agent or salesman working for a company.
- At the new market complex at Wincot Lands, he forms part of a sales team that includes fieldsmen Andrew and Philip Cook and is looking forward to providing a first-class service to clients.
- Richard Gardiner has become a fieldsman with responsibility for outside canvassing, giving advice to farmers on the best ways of placing their stock and generally promoting the company.
- Reserve placing in the native breeds went to Mule Wether lamb entries from Andrew Fisher of Pateley Bridge, a fieldsman for Craven Cattle Marts.
Words that rhyme with fieldsmanfieldsmen
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan