adjective (fierier, fieriest)
- 1Consisting of fire or burning strongly and brightly: the sun was a fiery ball low on the hills • figurative a fiery pepper sauceMore example sentences
- Allen's gaze had come to settle on the horizon, where the sun was slowly dipping out of sight, a fiery light burning into the sky.
- As the fiery ball sunk lower into the water, the colors radiated over its surface, shining and creating a beautiful pallet of color.
- I felt my heart plummet to the earth's core and sink into the scorching ball of fiery lava with an ominous plonking noise.
- 1.1Having the bright colour of fire: the car was painted a fiery redMore example sentences
- While the little black dress will always be a safe bet, the trend this year is to be bold with colour and you will find a range of fiery reds, rich pinks, violets and berry shades.
- She was pretty with her fiery red curls and bright blue eyes.
- She leaned her head against the chain, rocking gently while she watched the sky change from a brilliant pink to a fiery red to a deep purple.
- 1.2Having a passionate and quick-tempered nature: a fiery, imaginative AriesMore example sentences
- A genuine artist, his fiery, passionate nature carried over to his work and transformed it into a feast for the senses that captured the soul.
- He's passionate, fiery, angry and full of conviction.
- Not that she has any talent for arguments, but she has a passionate heart and a fiery spirit.
- 1.3Showing strong emotion, typically anger: a fiery speechMore example sentences
- Inside those eyes was anger, anger so fiery that Catherine grew more afraid.
- From where he walked on the ground next to her, though, Nicolas could tell she was masking not tears, but a fiery anger.
- He tried to turn over, to face her, but at the sight of him the fiery anger overwhelmed her, and she swung as hard as she could in a deadly arc!
- More example sentences
- ‘I will kill this person,’ he growled fierily, holding her tightly.
- He rushed at her then and shoved her back roughly against the wall; he held tightly to her elbows and glared fierily into her eyes.
- We pushed ourselves closer together until she had pushed my back against the sand and was fierily kissing me.
- More example sentences
- The downside, for those who don't like to see their Open venues taken apart, is that the rain will take the fieriness out of the fairways and take some of the unpredictability out of the bounce.
- ‘For the Sun’ falls a little short of these expectations, but his fieriness buoys the song despite its sing-along chorus and radio-friendly veneer.
- Another major talent to emerge was Natalia, a Russian whose training in flamenco dancing brought a sensational fieriness to her performance.