Definition of fifteenth in English:
1Constituting number fifteen in a sequence; 15th: August the fifteenth the fifteenth century on the fifteenth floor
More example sentences
- Of all the major versions of humanism, the Renaissance humanism that developed in Italy during the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries has been the most influential.
- How can you judge a scientist from this century against somebody who was working in the fourteenth or fifteenth century?
- This elite had no formal place in the fifteenth century constitutions and was therefore not subject to direct control.
2Each of fifteen equal parts into which something is or may be divided.
- Mr Howard said that on the Defendants' secondary case (by reference to Schedule 4 to the Claimants’ closing submissions), three fourteenths or three fifteenths of US $79.5 million would have been payable by the Defendants in August 2000.
- In 1225 the government levied a tax on moveables at the rate of a fifteenth, but took care to show its concern for newly established constitutional proprieties through a definitive reissue of the charters.
Words that rhyme with fifteentheighteenth, fourteenth, nineteenth, seventeenth, sixteenth, thirteenth, umpteenth
Definition of fifteenth in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.