- A very small short-tailed Australasian parrot, with mainly green plumage and a coloured head, feeding on soft fruit. Also called lorilet.
More example sentences
- Genera Opopsitta and Psittaculirostris, family Psittacidae: five species
- Also look for fig parrots and bumpy satinash which produces big white and golden flowers right down the trunk to ground level, providing nectar for pygmy possums at night.
- The requirements for Fig parrots and most of the requirements for the Australian Lorikeets only seem to differ in that figs have been seen to be a major food source and necessary requirement for the Fig parrots.
- Unlike many larger parrots, fig parrots feed very quietly on the kernels of many tiny seeds, including those of figs, buttonwood and ironwood.