- 1 French spelling of fillet, used especially in the names of French or French-sounding dishes. filet de boeufMore example sentences
- Let simmer 1 kg of codfish filets in this bouillon for 10 minutes.
- To cook the sea trout filets, heat a non-stick frying pan until hot and add the olive oil.
- A dish of veal medallions turned out to be more like well-done, dryish filets of baby beef.
- 2 [mass noun] A kind of net or lace with a square mesh.[ late 19th century: from French, 'net']More example sentences
- Similar looks can be achieved by using filet or foam-board spacers between matboards.
More definitions of filetDefinition of filet in:
- The US English dictionary