Definition of filmy in English:
adjective (filmier, filmiest)
1(Especially of fabric) thin and translucent: filmy white voile
More example sentences
- He consumed an amazing amount of filmy fabric in the process of manipulating the sheer material into a richly textured garment.
- They balance tall bamboo poles draped in filmy fabrics.
- Maxine laughed and touched the filmy fabric of a sleeve.
- Example sentences
- Other great writers-Tolstoy, Bellow, Flaubert - seem to look through a clear - seeing inner eye which in Joyce is milkily, filmily sheened.
- In the streets were spears of long grass, and the window-panes on either side broken or filmily staring.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.