- The purpose or aim of an action or the end towards which a thing naturally develops.More example sentences
- Particularly at issue in the exegesis of Darwin's text was whether he considered natural selection to be an efficient cause, a final cause, a result of other causes, or a simple description of the working of several independent factors.
- It cannot be the final cause since a final cause perfects a thing, but does not establish it in being, which is what the agent intellect does for the soul.
- The four aspects are the formal cause, the material cause, the efficient cause, and the final cause.
More definitions of final causeDefinition of final cause in:
- The US English dictionary