- 1A person that finds someone or something.More example sentences
- If they can do that, with the finders' permission we'll take them away and get them looked at more closely.
- In 1991, one of the finders, Joseph Mulvey, was fined £10 for failing to report its discovery.
- Their prize brings to life the fictional world of Roald Dahl and his book, Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, where finders of a golden ticket were given the chance to explore Willy Wonka's factory.
- 1.1A small telescope attached to a large one to locate an object for observation.More example sentences
- His goal was to create the best finder scope in its class and he has clearly succeeded.
- This will make the finder more comfortable to use, but it will make a dreadful mirror image view.
- 1.2The viewfinder of a camera.More example sentences
- Canon could easily have dropped the optical finder in the Ixus 40, in my opinion.
finders keepers (losers weepers)
- • informal Used to assert that whoever finds something by chance is entitled to keep it.More example sentences
- ‘There is no such thing as finders keepers,’ he said.
- Well, too bad for them, ‘cause it's finders keepers!’
- In those famous childish words, ‘finders keepers’!
More definitions of finderDefinition of finder in:
- The US English dictionary