- A fundamental and dimensionless physical constant, equal to approximately 1/ 137, which occurs in expressions describing the fine structure of atomic spectra.More example sentences
- Some of these constants, such as the fine-structure constant, are dimensionless and are not expressed in terms of units.
- The researchers concluded that the fine-structure constant might well be constant, and that the variation seen in the prior work was highly unlikely.
- Even atomic clocks can detect drifts in the fine-structure constant only over days or, at most, years.
More definitions of fine-structure constantDefinition of fine-structure constant in:
- The US English dictionary