Definition of finger paint in English:
Thick paint designed to be applied with the fingers, used especially by young children.
- This is a fine way to honor the messy munchkin inside you with plenty of papier-mâché, finger-paints, or oodles of play-doh!
- The pictures in my book are all finger-paints.
verb(finger-paint) [no object] (usually as noun finger-painting) Back to top
(Especially of children) apply paint with the fingers.
- It's silly, debatably sexy and it allows for a kind of freeform creativity most people haven't engaged in since finger-painting as a tyke.
- She suspects she could do something similar by finger-painting while blindfolded.
- Joe, Blue, and their friends are finger-painting and Blue wants to add someone else to the picture.
Definition of finger paint in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.