- Relating to or resembling a fish: members of the finny tribeMore example sentences
- The cuisine is based on those familiar denizens of the Adriatic - prawns, squid, mussels, fish of various kinds - that grace the tables of nine out of every ten Venetian restaurants; what is different is the way the finny tribe is prepared.
- Or if he is hunting at a higher level, the bird is able to check his momentum, to put on brakes midair, in less than the distance of his own length, and to plunge with the speed of thought upon his finny prey.
- Anyway, the finny denizens for which Orkney is renowned are these odd trout; brown trout on the face of it but happy enough in the brine.
More definitions of finnyDefinition of finny in:
- The US English dictionary