noun (plural finos)[mass noun]
- 1A light-coloured dry sherry.More example sentences
- The best white port from Malvasia grape is a light, stunningly dry and nutty drink similar to fino sherry and best served chilled from the fridge.
- With soup, try a tangy fino or nutty, dry amontillado.
- He was sitting at the bar with a glass of fino and a blonde.
- 1.1Sherry on which a covering of flor (yeast) is developed during production, used to make commercial fino and manzanilla sherries. Compare with oloroso.
Spanish, literally 'fine', based on Latin finire 'to finish' (see finish).
More definitions of finoDefinition of fino in:
- The US English dictionary